I certainly wasn’t raised to do everything natural in my home as a child. It was something as an adult that I began to open my eyes to and see that there were better options for health. Knowing I was raising little ones really pushed me into doing my own research on medical procedures, vaccines, and medications. Enter dōTERRA essential oils and wellness products into our lives!
This company changed our lives from health to financial, but for those of you new to changing your lifestyle, I wanted to give you 5 tips to making the change much more easy and simple for you.
- EAT HEALTHIER – Of the fruits and vegetables you buy every week, some should be organic. Pesticides can be absorbed into fruits and vegetables, and leave trace residues, so choosing organic can limit your exposure. Here are the ones you don’t want to skimp on. We call these the Dirty Dozen: Strawberries, Spinach, Nectarines, , Apples, Grapes, Peaches, Cherries, Pears, Tomatoes, Celery, Potatoes and Sweet Bell Peppers
- BE ACTIVE – I’m not talking about spending three hours at the gym or CrossFit (though I know a lot of healthy athletes that love this activity). I’m talking loving the way you are active. Plan on just 30 minutes a day 3-5 times a week.
A few options for you might include: a brisk walk outdoors or a bike ride. Another great activity is a rebounder or small trampoline and put on your favorite music. Insert Bruno Mars here. This activity really helps your lymphatic system. Finally, make it fun. Take a dance class, garden more, and park far when you go places so you have to walk. Increased activity will help you feel better and get that heart pumping!
- SLEEP MORE – While sleep requirements vary slightly from person to person, most healthy adults need between 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night to function at their best. I know most Moms struggle to get that. A few tips to get a better sleep:
Give yourself a bedtime, Take a warm bath, Turn off electronics an hour before bed and Diffuse Serenity Restful Blend. Take a peek at this blend here. And if you still struggle to sleep, here is a great natural supplement with proven scientific published studies. Serenity Softgels. Take 1-2 softgels, 30 minutes before bed.
- HEALTHY CLEANING – There are so many toxins and chemicals in every product we use nowadays. The reason I like to clean with non-toxic products are 1) Safe for my children, 2) Air is clean that we all breathe 3) Environment is not harmed.
I love grabbing dōTERRA’s lemon essential oil, adding 10-15 drops to a spray bottle filled with water and spraying my mirrors! The all purpose go-to in our home is onguard concentrate cleaner. Non-toxic cleaner with essential oils to help support immune systems and clean everything!
- ESSENTIAL OILS – Make sure your oils are CPTG, Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. This means they are free of synthetics, pesticides, residues and are above organic grade. Most of these can even be ingested.
We use dōTERRA’s essential oils for 9 times out of 10 health issues in our home. My children have grown up knowing we have tools in our home to solve their health problems.
If you’re new to essential oils, I’m happy to schedule a time to chat with you about your needs. If you’re ready to join our amazing team, click here.